My Icons

4:44 PM

Hi everyone!

Before I start, this is my cat sitting on me right now:

He's a real cuddle bug

Today I've decided to write about the women that I personally either look up to, or just think are plain beautiful. There's nothing wrong with a couple of small girl crushes : )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Olivia Hussey  - "Have the confidence to be your own person"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olivia played Juliet in Franco Zeffirelli's version of the Shakespeare romance in 1968. I mostly love her for her beauty, especially her smile. Her performance in the classic is great. She's very rightly considered one of the most beautiful women in the world by many. 

I've been told before that I look like her... While I see some features that may be similar, I'm not quite sure I'm "most beautiful woman in the world" material : ). I'm quite flattered by the compliment though.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

♥ Audrey Hepburn ♥ - "Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help yourself, the second is to help others."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, Audrey. 

Again, one of the most beautiful women to grace this planet. However, she was not keen on flaunting her beauty that often and actually said she kind of thinks she looks funny! What do you know ladies, even 'ole Audrey had her insecurities, which is normal : ) 

Even better, Audrey was in introvert, which very much appeals to me as I am one too. Who would've thought that Holly Golightly would actually be played by a thoughtful, shy woman!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Zooey Deschanel ♥ - "I don't want to be a babe. I don't want vanity to ever get in the way, because I think to maintain that, you have to be aware of yourself all the time, and that gets in the way of acting. My job's not to be the beautiful person. My job is to be the best actor I can be."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You could say Zooey Deschanel takes first place on my girl crush list. Zooey just does Zooey, and that's part of what I admire about her. 

She sings and plays the ukulele, and other instruments. I sing and play the ukulele and other instruments. 

She's quirky and has her own style. I'm quirky and have my own style.

She acts and she has her own TV show....Okay, I don't do that, but you get the point, Zooey Deschanel is pretty much all around awesome. 

If you want to hear some of her music, her band is She and Him, and I definitely recommend them : )



"Always the aim for me is making people feel like they are not alone. That's just the greatest feeling."
"The fact that people are associating being girlie with weakness--that needs to be examined...Are we bitches because we have our own opinions? If that makes me a bitch, or that makes women bitches, then maybe we're all bitches."

You go girls (I mean, "bitches"), 


 Brooke 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images