"Holy Spirit You Are Welcome Here" - A Reflection on {Faith}

8:12 AM


Hi Friends,

I've been thinking a lot about my relationship with God lately. I did a spiritual retreat with some ladies in my sorority on Friday night, and a lot of important things were re-brought up to me. Most importantly, that my relationship with God is very important and it needs more of my attention.

We spoke a lot about the different ways people search for happiness, other than God. The spark of this conversation came from the #FallingPlates video, which you can watch below:



I began to think about the ways that I'm literally plugged in. I understand that the technology, computer, and search engine in this case were metaphors, but they stand out quite blatantly as they are in my life. I'm plugged into this blog and various social media accounts for personal, school, and blog use.

This led me to thinking about the topics that I write about and post about on here. A lot of the blogging community is focused on beauty, clothes, and style, which I love. I find it to be a very amusing outlet for me to read, but maybe it's not for me to write about 100% of the time. Sure, the occasional outfit of the day or review is fine, but I think my posts should be geared more toward reflection on life, love, adventures, and God.

I'm not going to change everything about the way that I post, I'm just going to personalize more to what I'm seeing that I need in my life, which is a better relationship with God, the world, and those around me. My posts will continue to be about whatever I want them to, but maybe geared more toward reflection. For example, my college snack idea post that related the healthy foods listed there to taking care of yourself and your own body.

I don't think this comes as too much of a shock to anyone who has been reading my blog or knows me in person. I'm a very reflective girl and I love to share my thoughts in writing with anyone who wants to read. If that's you, then welcome.

Here's a cover of the song that I referenced in the title of this post. It's truly a beautiful, relaxing song and it's one of my favorites. Take a listen if you're interested: 



Have a great week,



You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Love this song!! I think that it's awesome how you're building a greater relationship with God! You go, girl!! I'm also trying to find a way of balancing blogging about clothes and stuff but also bringing God into focus. This has been really insightful! :)

    Syd
    The Style Roll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Syd :) I'll be sure to check up on your blog to see how your journey is going.

      Delete
  2. Wow very nice inspirational song.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written, I am excited to see what's next for you & the blog :)

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that video too! Was your retreat through Cru? I love your reflective posts, and I can't read more. :) I immediately started thinking of the song from your blog title, and any worship music just makes me so peaceful. Thanks Brooke!

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just put on through our sorority at our ministry house :) Thanks so much, Stephanie :) I really appreciate you taking the time to read my posts!

      Delete
  5. A great, well written post lovely. I am religious but it never reflects in my blog... definitely something to think about. Looking forward to seeing future posts :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen :) I think it should reflect in everything we do.

      Delete
  6. Such a great, insightful read. I personally love reading reflective posts.. looking forward to reading your future posts! :)

    www.lovetelina.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So inspirational :) I have been thinking about this as well, I seek to build a better relationship with God as well.
    The song is beautiful, thanks for sharing <3 Kisses from Hungary xo

    Csenge | Csenge's Point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your adventure with God, Csenge :) Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. Love the sound of this hun it's nice to break away from just aesthetics and hear some real life posts and a beautiful song x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, I'm glad that you liked it! :)

      Delete
  9. I think it's a matter of balance. I'm gearing up towards that kind of life, too, and hopefully I get to share it fully to the world. I reflect a lot of the time, too, and it keeps me balanced in all the things that I do. God always comes first. :) Recently on my life, I've been troubled, but I'm reaching out to God, knowing that He doesn't run away from us. I feel so blessed right now. Glad that you're taking it out here :)

    Mimi | The Foxy Heroinev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Mimi! Good for you, I'm glad that you've struck such a balance in your life. I think that's important too, and also trying to do little things for God.

      Delete
  10. So refreshing to read this Brooke! I so agree about walking closer with the Lord, He is our only Shepherd! Hugs!
    VelvetandVino.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great words! looking forward to your future posts.. :)

    Have a great day!! :D
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Falling Plates is such a beautiful video! Goosebumps! Looking forward to your reflections. This is such a nice blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its so nice to hear about how other people feel in the faith as I am a christian myself I really loved reading this. The song was great. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images