{Life Lately} - Work, exams, sun.

10:30 AM





Life lately has been a whirlwind, but at least its been sunny. In-between finishing up my work for this semester and studying for final exams, the tulips have been popping up and the sky has been a bright blue. It's tempting to escape outside and avoid all work possible, but some things have to get done. I have been able to enjoy the weather a lot despite the workload.

This past Friday we had what's called Spring Fling at my college, which is unarguably the best day ever. Everyone lines outside of the Pine Grove (a common, grassy area on campus where people often hammock, read, hangout, etc.) waiting for their free Spring Fling t-shirt. When the clock strikes three, everyone is allowed in and there are games, inflatables, slides, a zip-line, food & ice-cream, a band playing, and much more. We lucked out and had some amazing weather.

The best part about it was that everyone was there. You could see everyone you knew and loved in a matter of five minutes just walking around the area. It was marvelous. The big picture above is me and a few sorority sisters; I'm the small one on the far right. It was nice getting to sit out on the grass with them, listening to the band play and not caring about final exams if only for a few hours.

Now I'm preparing to leave my first year of college, sad and antsy to come back for the next year. My summer plans consist of going home for May to take online classes and then heading up to my grandparents in June and July to work at a bookstore and live with them. They live in a beach town off of Lake Michigan, so I'm very excited.

I hope that life has been good to you too lately. Let me know what has been going on in the comments. For all of you in school, good luck with you exams!

Next time I post, I will be on summer break.

Until then,



You Might Also Like

39 comments

  1. I have been loving the weather too, it's so nice to be outside even though I should be studying. Your summer sounds like so much fun on the beach! Sadly, I have to take some summer classes too it'll be worth it. Good luck on your finals!

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I wish you the best of luck on yours as well :) xx

      Delete
  2. It's about to start getting hotter here where I live I think we are supposed to go into the 100's this week which sucks! because it's not even summer yet. On the bright side I only have 2 weeks of school left and a lot of my tests will be either take home or online so the last week should go by pretty fast.

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's hot! I'm in my last week now and it's pretty busy :)

      Delete
  3. Spring fling sounds like so much fun and even better when the weather is gorgeous, working in a bookstore sounds lovely and I adore my grandparents too my grandma brought me up so I always like going to stay with her, have fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool that your grandma brought you up! I'm sure you two are very close :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your exams!
    I wish I got summer breaks still…always missing the good weather because I'm at work.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I'm going to be a teacher so I will always get summer break...muahaha! I hope you get a break soon :)

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you have a great summer planned ahead of you! Working in a bookstore or library is something I've always wanted to do! (well, ever since I watched 'You've Got Mail') Looking forward to those pictures.
    Best of luck on your exams!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked at a library for about a year before I left for college. It was such a blessing to work in such a calm environment. Thanks so much for reading Lor!

      Delete
  6. The Spring Fling effect at your college sounds like such a fun event and a great way of celebrating this time of year! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great way to celebrate!

      Delete
  7. The Spring Fling sounds such a fun thing wish they did it here! x
    em // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also soon leaving my first year of college!! I love discovering other college bloggers :) Good luck!

    XO, Natalia from www.darlingtrend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Natalia! I love meeting other college bloggers too :) Nice to meet you!

      Delete
  9. Hi! just seen ur cute blog on the web
    I wish you good luck with your exams, a great summer is waiting for you :)

    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy break while you have it! It'll fly by. :) Try not to stress too much over exams!
    Randi with an i

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have four months now! I hope it doesn't fly by too fast. :)

      Delete
  11. These photos look like fun. I wish you the greatest summer of your life! Good luck with your exams.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm praying for you to pass your exam.
    Good luck
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zarrah! I think they went pretty well.

      Delete
  13. Spring Fling sounds like so much fun, I wish they did that sort of thing here! x

    P.S. You have yourself a new follower (;

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) And yes it was fun!

      Delete
  14. Yay for summer! Reading your posts really brightens up my day! Good luck on all of your exams! :)

    Syd
    The Style Roll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Syd! I love your posts too :)

      Delete
  15. that sounds awesome

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This year has gone really fast hasn't it?! I will be breaking up for summer too soon, Cant believe where the time has gone! Ps. Good luck with your exams :) xx

    Sammie | sammiephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gone by CRAZY fast, I can barely believe it. I hope you have a lovely summer break as well Sammie :)

      Delete
  17. There is too much heat here in our place but at least the weather is not cold and wet. I get to spend some time doing freelance jobs and other things this summer, so I think it's pretty productive at least. Also, reading about the event you had in school made me miss regular school days. I'm on summer class right now and it gets pretty boring during the week, haha. So jealous you get to be in this place near a lake - what could be more refreshing than that? Anyway, I hope you enjoy your break. :)

    Mimi | The Foxy Heroine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mimi! I'm starting summer classes this week too, but from my home, and it's not the same as being with all of my friends at school :( I'll manage! Have a great summer!

      Delete
  18. Looks like so much fun! Good luck with finals, I'm sure you are ready for summer break!

    XO,
    Meagan
    BLOGLOVIN'
    Hearts of Gold Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. have fun, and a beach town sounds perfect <3

    x Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images