April Favorites

3:03 PM

I can't believe the month of April has come and gone already. Seriously. I just finished my first year of college, and the faster time goes the more I begin to worry about the future. Let's ignore the future for right now, and focus on the past. Here's what I've been liking this last month.

Here I have my hounds-tooth umbrella that I got for Christmas, a flower necklace from Charlotte Russe, my new allergy meds (yuck!), the Love Your Melon company, adorable From the Page (Etsy) candles, and water. 


This April hasn't been too rainy compared to others, but I was prepared for the rain we did get with my fancy umbrella. It's the most adorable classy pattern, and the hook end is really cute as well. I loved walking around with this.

Near the end of last week I went to get an allergy test. They sampled the allergens on my back and, in the words of Augustus Waters, I "lit up like a Christmas tree." It turns out I'm allergic to a lot of things - dusts, molds, trees, animals, and I potentially am developing a dairy intolerance. Yikes. So they put me on some meds and I'm so thankful to be breathing. I guess I never knew what it felt like to have a clear nose until now.

At Charlotte Russe the necklaces were two for ten dollars, so I had to make a go for them. Rarely are such cute ones found that cheap. This is one that I've been wearing pretty often as it's so simple and easy to wear with a lot.


The Love Your Melon Foundation "funds childhood cancer research initiatives, provides immediate support for children and their families and donates a hat to every child battling cancer in America." (I took that word for word from their website, which you should check out). Their products used to be one-for-one like the Toms company, but now not only do they ensure hats on children with cancer, but they also donate to research and support. I hope someday their foundation becomes not just national but international, so that every child across the world battling cancer can receive a hat and the support that they need. I was introduced to the Love Your Melon foundation by a couple of girls in my sorority, and I can't say I've ever been more happy to wear a hat. This is for a great cause, and the products are super high quality. I would recommend them. I have a cuffed hat in the color rose.

My best friend Alyssa bought me a set of four candles from the From the Page Etsy shop for Christmas. I think they're some of the most adorable, fun smelling candles I've ever come across in my life. As an avid and obsessed reader, these feed my fix of nerdy things every time I look at them. So sweet that she thought of such a personal gift for me. (She's an all time fav!)

My final favorite is water. We never really do get enough of it, and I'll never get tired of talking about it for that reason (even for myself). Water cleanses our body of toxins, helps our skin, gives us energy, keeps us hydrated, gets the inner gears of our bodies moving properly. It's the best thing you can do for yourself (though I've heard drinking too much isn't good either...). Well. I think drinking too much is better than drinking too little. I could be wrong on that one, don't quote me.


Speaking of favorites, I'm glad to be reunited with my buddy, Colton. He decided to pop in as I was taking these photos :) Isn't he such a smoldering cat? I think he should be a model. 

So what's it gonna be, May? Please be good to me. April has been a rocky month, and so far May is shaping out to be the same. *Sigh* I'll do my best.  

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst, 


P.S. Tell me your April favorites in the comments :)

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Colton is beyond cute + totally agree with you about the water!

    My April favourites would have to be cherry blossoms, my new paisley dress and all puppies haha!

    littleladyzahra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat is so cute! I definitely think he has it made as a model :D haha I've really enjoyed taking time for myself this month :) it's really calming and helps me take time to finish school work, which luckily ends in a week :D

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, when it comes to cats, I just couldn't resist! Colton is cute, I wanna pet him and hug him :) As for my April Favorites, I've posted about it on my blog. You can find it here:

    Salvé at INDIE KITTY

    ReplyDelete
  4. love everything! great photos :D

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg I LOVE the cat! wahhh x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love you cat too cute

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a beautiful post! <3 xx

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cat is so adorable! I love cats!!! It's so cool that your friend Alyssa bought you candles off of Etsy. They are a great website to buy anything from because they sell high quality, handmade goods that are spectacular. Nice blog:)

    astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your melon foundation is a great cause, I always love shopping and being able to give something back too which is why I love TOMS also! Your cat is absolutely beautiful and what cute candles, I love shopping on etsy so what a lovely gift! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colton is so cute! Also, that necklace is stunning!

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layout of you blog its so fresh and clean. I also love this post, that necklace, and that adorable cat!

    xx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your necklace looks beautiful and The love your melon foundation sounds like a wonderful cause :)

    Syasya The Violet Effect

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those candles look simply lovely (Butterbeer?!) and your cat is BEAUTIFUL!
    I'll say my April-favourite was my birthday and baseball season starting up. I love the month of May though so it better live up ;)

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww how cute is your cat!! :D Love the necklace.

    Bex x

    Bubblybex3.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I think your cat was my favorite part ;)

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those candles look awesome and love the necklace too :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Rosanna x
    Rose’s Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have an amazing blog! May I follow you?
    xx
    Blog: adonadasushi.blogspot.pt
    FB Page: facebook.com/blogdadonadasushi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this necklace - it's so cute and girly ;)

    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com/ - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a cute necklace! I also can't believe it - freshman year just flew by!

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images