Brooke Cooks: Cauliflower Hummus Pizza12:48 PM
A while ago (I'm just getting to posting this now) I decided I would make a cauliflower pizza. This pizza is really good for you, and you can eat the whole thing with zero shame. Food shouldn't be shameful in the first place (considering making a post about that too). So here we go:
Recipe makes one personal sized pizza.
1/2 cup cauliflower
1/2 egg white
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of garlic salt
2 tablespoons of hummus
1 cup spinach
1 small apple
4 oz chicken breast meat
Something to stir with
Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
1. So we're going to start off by getting our half cup of cauliflower and throwing it in the food processor. Chop it up real good (you want it very fine, almost like quinoa), and then throw it all into a bowl.
2. Take your bowl of cauliflower and microwave it for about 3-4 minutes until it's steamed. Be careful not to over microwave it!
3. Take it out and add the egg white. Mix this all up!
4. Throw your pinch of oregano and pinch of garlic salt into the mix.
5. Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Spread your cauliflower dough evenly in whatever shape you'd like over the pan.
8. When it comes out it's time to spread your ingredients on. I went for a non-traditional pizza because I can't have dairy products and I'm always looking for new ways to eat hummus. So I spread my hummus across the pizza, chopped up my chicken (We had some leftover from dinner this week. Just grill yours on the stove if you don't), spinach, and apple, and threw them all on top together.
9. With the toppings on, put your pizza back in the oven for about 3-5 minutes.
10. Done! Move the pizza from tray to plate and enjoy!
Thanks for reading :)