DIY - Making Ombre Watercolor Cards4:13 PM
Yesterday I did a fun little craft inspired by a pinterest post that I found. I made mine a little bit different.
What you'll need:
- Watercolor pencils
1. First cut your paper any way that you want. Some of mine I did folded, but some I did postcard style with no fold.
2. Choose your colors and begin painting across the top of the paper. To get the ombre effect, concentrate most of the pigment up at the top, and then gradually add more water to your paintbrush as your strokes move down.
3. While the paper is still wet, grab your watercolor pencils and begin writing or drawing whatever you choose on top of them. Doing it while it's still wet makes the pencil go on smoother for me, but if you prefer to do it another way, then feel free to do that.
4. Wait for it to dry! You're pretty much done now.
5. Trim up the edges and make the card even. You might wan to get a ruler for this, so that your text is centered wherever you want it on the page.
Happy painting! I found this to be a really relaxing DIY, and I'm excited to give these out to people that I know.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did,