DIY - Making Ombre Watercolor Cards

4:13 PM


Hi guys!

Yesterday I did a fun little craft inspired by a pinterest post that I found. I made mine a little bit different.

What you'll need: 
- Paper
- Watercolors
- Watercolor pencils
- Water
- Paintbrushes
- Scissors


1. First cut your paper any way that you want. Some of mine I did folded, but some I did postcard style with no fold.



2. Choose your colors and begin painting across the top of the paper. To get the ombre effect, concentrate most of the pigment up at the top, and then gradually add more water to your paintbrush as your strokes move down.


3. While the paper is still wet, grab your watercolor pencils and begin writing or drawing whatever you choose on top of them. Doing it while it's still wet makes the pencil go on smoother for me, but if you prefer to do it another way, then feel free to do that.


4. Wait for it to dry! You're pretty much done now.



5. Trim up the edges and make the card even. You might wan to get a ruler for this, so that your text is centered wherever you want it on the page.


Happy painting! I found this to be a really relaxing DIY, and I'm excited to give these out to people that I know.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did,



You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. It looks really beautiful, I'm going to save this for later! Thank you for sharing
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they turned out! This was great inspiration for making cards for graduation parties.

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ombre effect is really pretty :) I wish I was artistic enough to pull this off - but I don't think I am!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cute, I think I'll try them!x

    Itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! and super unique! Thanks for sharing, might be able to be just creative enough to do this myself haha

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super great idea! I'm getting back into scrapbooking and this will certainly be a part of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look absolutely beautiful, I cant wait to give them a go! Have a lovey day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose’s Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its very creative I like it!
    See my new post here and
    Have a great week!
    Isidora
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful, Brooke! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute!! and very creative :D I'm going to try these out in my scrapbook to create cool backgrounds. Thanks for sharing :)

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These would make amazing cards, love the pastel hues you've created!

    x, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea! I've recently started doing calligraphy and I've been wanting to try it out on some watercolor paper.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! Thank you so much for this tutorial~ the cards are so pretty! ^^
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh I love this it looks so gorgeous, I will give this a go when I am doing thank you cards now- thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute idea, so simple and sweet. x

    http://chasingstephanie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks stunning. I love the design, the colour palette and the font. x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with your blog, and you are simply lovely!!
    xx

    www.laurastream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great!
    P.S. Let me know if you want to like each other's Facebook pages! :)

    Michaella from www.quitealooker.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm in love with this! great post x

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what a great idea! Thanks for sharing :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely thing to do, I love the watercolours and the style of text you've used. I love seeing prints like these, they really are inspiring!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are SO gorgeous!! Love this idea,will be doing this FOR SURE xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images