The Birthday Post. 19. {Haul, Kind of}

9:58 AM

 

This past Sunday was my 19th birthday (yay!). I'm really grateful for the life and people that I've been blessed with in my life. Since I'm a lifestyle blog, I thought I'd share a few things that I got from my family and friends.

From my step-sisters, I got some fun Forever21 socks and headbands, as well as a cute little lipgloss (not shown). They picked stuff that really fits me, and I think that says a lot. Thank you Hannah and Ava!! (Currently trying to convince them to start blogs, hopefully they read this.)

From my BFF, Alyssa, I got a teal watering can that comes with soil and seeds to plant a flower in it. It's from Meijer and when we walked by it the other week I fell in love with it and told her how cute I thought it was. Thanks Alyssa for the adorable planter :) I'm so excited to grow my flowers in it. (ps. I LOVE YOU. I know she reads these.)

From my sorority Big (She's too sweet. She gave me my present on the last day of exams and I saved it to open on my birthday) I got a pink and purple wrap bracelet (not pictured) and some cookie crisps. OH MY GOD, you guys, these cookies are AMAZING. They're not necessarily healthy, but they're gluten free, GMO free, trans-fat free, etc. and lots of other good stuff. Only 120 calories and 13 grams of sugar per serving (5 cookies)...which is pretty good for cookies, if you ask me. YUM.

From my mom I got some flatbed Birkenstock lookalikes from Target. They're super comfy and I like to wear them when I take walks with my dog. I also got a scarf organizer, a sports bra, a black and white striped 3/4 length shirt, and an ice blue peplum with a lace detail on the bottom. Not pictured is a yoga mat :) Shoutout to Mom, who I just sent my blog link to, for hooking me up and also being the  greatest mom/supporter a gal could ever ask for. She rules.

The next gift if pictured below, made by my older brother Luke. He worked on this gift all week, so there was a lot of hype as to what it was. It's a memory box to hold all of my memories from college and my sorority (on the inside are my letters). On the sides he put pictures of things that I enjoy. There's also a photo album inside; they printed pictures from my Facebook and added them...and a picture of him and his girlfriend glued to the bottom. What a trickster. He worked so hard on this and it's probably the coolest gift I've ever gotten, not to mention how much it means because he worked so hard on it (he even sanded it!). Thank you, Lukey Pookey!



On my birthday, I did a Kidney Walk with my mom at the Detroit Zoo, which was really fun. I got to see all the animals and spend some good time talking with her. After, I finished a book and made my birthday treat at home. We went out to dinner as a family & my best friend came, and then we went back to watch the Billboard Music Awards (#BadBloodMusicVideo. I died. And then I came back to life to write this post), eat dessert, and open gifts.

I've been given an amazing life with amazing people, which I thank God for every day. I can't believe how lucky I am. These are the times in my life when I just say 'woah'. Like, woah.

#blessed.

(This post wasn't going to make it without that hashtag, let's be real).


You Might Also Like

37 comments

  1. Very nice things, that box is especially amazing! Great post x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Brooke!! Hope you had simply a blessed day. That memory box is awesome!! What a neat idea and I love all the gold glitter.

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you had a great birthday! and that gift from your brother is SO sweet.

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an amazing birthday! Loving your haul and those Birks!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy late birthday babe hope it was everything you hoped for and more. totally in love with your birks ;-)

    http://haileylauderdale.blogspot.com
    http://closetofgypsies.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a good one and got some lovely pressies as well :)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday and it looks like you were given some really wonderful things - the present from your older brother was so thoughtful. I can't believe he is so talented at crafting!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! The memory box your brother made you is totally adorable.
    xxx Pieces in Pink | Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice!
    Pls send me a questions on my Q&A new post
    Have a nice day my dear :)
    Isidora
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great day and got some lovely stuff, enjoy it!
    Hope you're having an amazing week :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose’s Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  11. You received some wonderful things, I think I wished you a happy birthday but just in case I forgot, HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY ! <3

    Also, yes, very #blessed ;)

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely day :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday (belatedly!). Hope you had a lovely time! x

    VanessaVonJames | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday! All the presents look so lovely, great post <3 xx

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh woow I do love the dotted socks soo mcuh they are so lovely. I hope you had a wonderful 19th Birthday dear :)

    Bisous from Berlin, Patricia

    THEVOGUEVOYAGE - by Patricia Sophie Petit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday, you got spoilt so much! Glad you had such a lovely day!


    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow you have the nicest brother that is such a thoughtful gift, happy belated birthday beauty <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. aWESOME HAUL :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. heeey! hope you have a great day! do you want to follow each other via bloglovin? if yes, just follow me there and i'll follow you back soon! http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  20. What lovely gifts, hope you had a wonderful birthday! I love the scarf organiser!! I could definitely do with that in my life!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahh, happy belated birthday!! Sounds like such an amazing day. Such thoughtful gifts too!! :)

    Syd
    The Style Roll

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! :D This is just so cute!! You're brother is so sweet, he took the time to build you a memory box! I think he deserves major points for that! :D haha I love how he added the picture of him and his girlfriend at the bottom hahah that's so something I'd pull. This post seriously put a smile on my face :) and the little comment on your mom is so adorable <3 moms are the best!! I'm glad to hear that you had a lot of fun :D

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Birthday looked like a swell time. I hope it was magical and you got everything and more that you hoped for!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. happy belated birthday Brooke :) such thoughtful gifts from everyone! the color of the box your brother made is so pretty too. so sweet of him!

    x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  25. That memory box is so amazing! It's such a unique idea. I would love to know how he made it.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi dear, what a awesome blog you have and great post, did we follow each other already? If not, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and INSTAGRAM? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back.

    My Blog: ‪ http://lovjoice.blogspot.com/ ‬
    Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/love-joice-3831938 (please follow here my current account)
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/l0vej0ice

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy birthday! What a nice haul. That box is so cute, I'm loving the Trendy Sparrow mug (dying to get it, personally) and the Hogwarts logo. And TSwift of course!
    Randi with an i

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi dear! Very interesting post! Lovely blog!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, G+, Instagram,? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you
    kiss
    http://beautybeybi.blogspot.com.tr

    ReplyDelete
  29. A late happy birthday to you! I like that although you showed what you got for your birthday it sill is kind of different. Also what an amazing gift your brother made you, it's so cute & thoughtful!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy very late belated birthday. You got some really sweet gifts. The gift your brother made is so sweet and thoughtful. Thanks for sharing what you got x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images