Younique Makeup Review

8:38 AM


Hi guys!

On my Twitter I mentioned that I'd been writing about some makeup that really worked for my skin. Today I'm going to be reviewing Younique makeup products. These were sent to me by a friend who sells makeup for the company, but I am not being paid to write about the products. Today I'll be writing about the BB Flawless Cream (in color Cream), the Mineral Touch Pressed Powder (in color Organza), the Splurge Eye Cream Shadow (in color Elegant), the Moodstruck Minerals Pressed Blush (in color Sweet), the Moodstruck Precision Pencil Eye Liner (in color Perfect), the Lucrative Lip Gloss (in color Luxe), and the Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes.

I think that your makeup should feel good on the outside - like you're not wearing any, and also on the inside (ie. wearing enough to feel good and like yourself, not like someone else). I feel that way with these products, so I thought I'd share. The products are all naturally based, vegan, gluten free and animal cruelty free, and a portion of every sale goes towards The Younique Foundation for Abused Women.

I've never reviewed makeup before! So here goes it :)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

9/10 - BB Flawless Cream

This is the BB Flawless Cream in the color Cream (because I'm pasty white). It's my favorite BB Cream I've used to this day, and I've used a few. I don't wear foundation a lot because I don't like the heavy feeling it leaves my skin feeling. This BB Cream is thick, unlike a lot of others that are really watery. While it's thick, my skin still doesn't feel too heavy or like I'm wearing makeup. 

In addition to all of that, it doesn't make my skin break out. My skin has been really sensitive the last few months, and I've developed a lot of acne. Because of these breakouts I rarely wear makeup anymore, as it irritates my skin. This however, does not. The makeup is made with mostly natural components, so it treats your skin with the care it deserves. Highly recommend. 

The one downside I would say is that it is pretty sticky when it comes to getting it off at night. Invest in some makeup removing wipes if you haven't yet. 



10/10 - Mineral Touch Pressed Powder
Next we have the pressed powder. What I liked about this packaging was that it comes with a clear cover that actually protects the product from the mirror. This helps with spillage and also keeping the mirror clean. I don't really have much to say about this product, it does it's job without being messy or irritating. This is in the color Organza.  



8/10 - the Splurge Cream Eye Shadow

This is in the color Elegant. When my friend wrote to me that you only needed a tiny bit of this because a little goes a long way, she wasn't exaggerating. I kid you not, you only need a small dot of this on the tip of your finger to cover both of you eyes. I really enjoy the neutral color as both a base for other eye shadows and also just by itself (since I'm pretty simple when it comes to makeup). The one downside I would say is that when you apply it, you have to be careful what you touch with that finger after (or maybe I'm not supposed to be using my fingers?), because it will spread everywhere. Overall, very great and high quality product. Again, it doesn't irritate me at all. 



10/10 - the Moodstruck Minerals Pressed Blush 


 I love this blush! I really only wear blush on special occasions, but I've been putting it on so that I could do this review. A little goes a long way with this product as well. I only needed a small amount to highlight both of my cheeks. I love it's coral undertones that go great with my pinky skin. It spread pretty evenly on my skin. This is the color Sweet.


7/10 - the Moodstruck Precision Pencil Eye Liner

This eyeliner (color Perfect) spreads on really smoothly. It's like butter, and that's why I like it. The product doesn't irritate my eyes and the smoothness makes it really easy to waterline my eyes. Overall, I really like it. The problem I have with this one and most other eyeliners, and this might be specific to me because the areas of my eye (eye lid and under eyes) produce a lot of excess oils, is that I found it sinking under my eyes and sort of melting below my eye. I had the same problem with the mascara, but this happens to me with other products too. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do to fix this?


10/10 - the Lucrative Lip Gloss

This is a pretty neutral gloss, which I enjoy (again, not a big makeup wearer, but when i do I prefer to have a natural look). It spread on really nicely. I meant to take a picture of a swatch of the color, but I forgot :/ Sowwy. Anyway, Very nice gloss that lasts for, I would say, a few hours at least. I don't find myself having to apply more than one coat. The color stays even if the glossiness doesn't. 


 7/10 - the Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes

For some people, this is the soul product that they buy from Younique. From what I understand this is one of their biggest, if not the biggest, product that they sell. For me, I found it melting off of my eyes and the some of the fibers would fall onto my face throughout the day. This might be the same problem that I was having with the eyeliner, where my eyes produce too much oil around them. I know that a lot of people have great success with this product. Yes, it makes your lashes very long. I only did one coat, but you can do two or three to make them even longer.  I found that one was enough for what I was going for. Overall, I really enjoy the effect it has on my eyes, but I don't like the fibers falling off or the product coming off throughout the day. Perhaps I should do two coats of gel after the fibers instead of just one.


Here are two more photos of the complete look. I love how natural it feels and looks. As you can see, I do still have some acne showing through, but not a lot. For just a BB Cream and powder look, that's quite good. 

Overall Rating (average of them all): 8.7/10 for Younique. Bravo - er, Brava




I love the message that this makeup sends - be unique, be your beautiful self. We all suffer from personal self image issues, and I think that embracing both your flaws and beauty is necessary in this life. Younique makes me feel good about myself without covering up who I truly am.

I hope you enjoyed reading about these products and check them out. I love how they don't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. Everything feels so natural when it's on, because I barely feel like I'm wearing makeup. I think I've taken up enough of your time with this post, so go check out Younique or write in the comments what you think, what you're most interested in trying.

Talk to you soon,


*UPDATE: This comment was posted by Jill, who sent me the makeup to try - 
"Brooke, thank you so much for trying our products! I was so happy to read your review! A couple things: the cream eye shadow does have a brush for easier application. With the fibers on your cheek, you just want to make sure you put a good coat of gel on to seal your fibers. In regard to your oily skin and problem with products running try wiping your face with an oil free makeup remover before you apply your makeup. When it comes to removing your makeup we have amazing makeup remover cloths and two kinds of cleansers: one for dry to normal skin and one for oily acne prone skin. 

Our products are all naturally based, vegan, gluten free and animal cruelty free! And a portion of every sale goes towards The Younique Foundation for Abused Women! Please feel free to contact me with at questions at jillsyouniquebeauty@gmail.com or visit my site at www.youniqueproducts.com/jillshada Thank you again Brooke!"

That being said, I have found the brush to the eye shadow and it no long gets all over me. I'm going to try to makeup remover trick for my eyes and ensure a good coat of gel before applying the fibers. Thanks Jill!

You Might Also Like

29 comments

  1. that eyeshadow looks really pretty!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win USA beauty goodies from lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Younique looks like a really nice brand, I especially love the look of the blush! I may have to try some myself! You are really pretty x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Younique before but it looks great! I'm really liking how you described the eye-liner, like butter!
    Happy Weekend! :)

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks really nice and good quality. Looks amazing!

    thecollectionofknowledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw these pictures are so cute! I love how the BB cream is in a squeeze tube, and the eyeshadow looks SO pretty.

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love unique I use the fibre lashes a lot and I use two coats and definitely think that helps, I will have to try the BB cream as I haven't yet and love a lighter finish for Summer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really interested in trying out the BB cream. I personally love BB cream for the same reasons that you mentioned. I wouldn't mind splurging a little on a nicer one. The one I use now is the Maybelline BB cream, it's worked great for me so far :) but I think it's time to try some other ones out ;)

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this make-up brand but it sounds really good and looks really natural and lovely on! :) x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely natural makeup look :D you look lovely :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really interesting how I've been hearing about this brand a lot, but I've never tried any of their products. The BB Cream sounds fantastic, because I have sensitive skin too. Also, Brooke, you're gorgeous, and I love how simple and natural your make up is!

    May x • The MaydenBloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brooke, thank you so much for trying our products! I was so happy to read your review! A couple things: the cream eye shadow does have a brush for easier application. With the fibers on your cheek, you just want to make sure you put a good coat of gel on to seal your fibers. In regard to your oily skin and problem with products running try wiping your face with an oil free makeup remover before you apply your makeup. When it comes to removing your makeup we have amazing makeup remover cloths and two kinds of cleansers: one for dry to normal skin and one for oily acne prone skin.

    Our products are all naturally based, vegan, gluten free and animal cruelty free! And a portion of every sale goes towards The Younique Foundation for Abused Women! Please feel free to contact me with at questions at jillsyouniquebeauty@gmail.com or visit my site at www.youniqueproducts.com/jillshada Thank you again Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE what you wrote about makeup/beauty! I've heard so many great things about this brand before, if only they would sell it over here = story of my life

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so lovely, Brooke! With or without make-up! :) Anyway, I want to invest in a BB cream since I have dry and sensitive skin and I want to prepare my skin for the day.

    Salvé at INDIE KITTY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, those makeup items all look amazing! I'm with you on the BB cream wagon, I dislike foundation as well for the same reason and I just love BB cream.
    Pieces in Pink | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice review. U R also pretyy without makeup :) Lovely photos ♥

    Love from Slovakia ~

    ℓα ℒιcσrηe - ℒa vie est ℓa petite ℓicorne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so pretty ! Lovely make up lesson ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks very natural, but maybe the powder is a little bit too dusty. I'm having a lot of breakouts right now too and I hate them, maybe it is because the weather change
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review! I'm more into powder foundation than liquid, so I'm really intrigued by the powder foundation.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  19. great reviews, your photos are gorgeous! I haven't heard of this brand before but will definitely check them out. would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos, you are glowing! We don't have that brand here but if it comes I will have to try it out! x

    http://chasingstephanie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. they look a great products ;)
    big hug to you.
    Check it out my new post:
    http://www.honeyandcotton.org/un-look-trendy-e-sexy-per-la-tua-estate/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brooke, I love the make up products you use! Not only that, you are gorgeous and I always love the message you are sending to us. :)

    Syd
    The Style Roll

    ReplyDelete
  23. You so natural and beautiful, I love wearing makeup that feels like skin :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never tried anything from Younique, I've heard about it constantly though. I love the message though, be unique! I love your look <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never heard of this brand before! The eyeshadow is pretty :)

    littleladyzahra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look so beautiful with and without makeup. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey guys, you are able to purchase any Younique items from my website https://www.youniqueproducts.com/kirstenphillips94 they truly are amazing!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images