DIY - Make Your Own Blog Book Organizer

7:53 AM


Hi everyone!

First of all I'm just going to let you know that I've started my job up here at the bookstore and things are going really well. However I'm pretty busy, so I'm going to move my weekly posts to Sunday, which is my day off. :-)

So recently I thought it would be a cool idea to make a Blog Book - a place where I can store planning, inspiration, photos, etc. for my blogging adventures. I've seen blog planners, but not just a Blog Book in general, so I decided to make one and share it with you today.

I think that a binder organizer like this could be useful not only for blogging but also for other things, like keeping pieces or writing together or things for teaching (lesson plans, grading scales, ideas, etc.). It could be used for a lot of things.

Here's what you'll need:

1. A binder (it doesn't have to be fancy like mine. I was originally just going to take a white one and decorate it with photos and magazine clippings. I found a Target gift card, which is why I ended up buying a nice one).
2. Lined paper or graph paper.
3. Scrapbook paper (optional, just if you want an extra pretty touch).
4. Tape/glue.
5. Hole puncher.
6. Pens/pencil.
7. Tabs (or make your own like I did).
8. Optional: printed photos and decor.

Here's what you'll need to do: 

1. Go get your binder. If you already have one, then great! I just got mine at Target, and I'm in love with how cute it is.

2. Go to your computer, open word, and select the calendar template. Here you can customize the way that you want your calendar section to look. Check out mine for an example. I included a goals section at the bottom to help keep myself on track!


3. Fill your binder with lined/graph paper. These will be used for a variety of things. You can also fill it with scrapbooking paper, just to give it more of an artsy feel. I have a mix of both!

4. Design your cover page. I cut a scrapbook page to fit the inside of my binder and then decorated it with a title (Brooke's Blog Book), and some different aspects of the book. This page can be anything you want it to be, though! Make it fun; make it you!



5. Add tabs between the lined/graph paper. If you want more colorful tabs like mine, cut your scrapbooking paper to a desirable width. Clip one section at one length, and then add a quarter of an inch for every tab you make. This will allow the tabs to fan out when you're looking at them. Then label your tabs however you want. I secured mine to lined paper with Washi tape, which I thought was really cute.



6. Decorate your starting pages with photos and decor! I used my printed off Instagram photos that I cut into squares, or left the bottom open to make it look like a polaroid (really fun tip!).


7. Put everything together if you haven't done so yet! Straighten out your pages, and you're good to go.

Bonus: I bought some extra supplies from the Target dollar section to keep myself organized. They're some sticky notes with bullet points and some flag sticky notes to mark off any important pages.


Have fun with your blog books! You can take them anywhere you want and add meaningful sentiments for you blog. I think it's a really good and cheap way to stay inspired. I spent less than $10 on this project because I used stuff that was mostly from home.

Be sure to send me pictures and let me know if you do this project!

Enjoy!



You Might Also Like

39 comments

  1. Lovely idea!! Such a cute book!
    Happy Sunday!! Xo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! The cover you designed is beautiful. xx

    TOPCOAT - FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so nice! Such a great idea for a diy project :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely, this is great idea! I love your design.
    Glamoury Armory Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good idea, I think I'm going to make one!x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! This really makes me wanna do my own blog book. Nice tutorial ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Makes me want to try and make one, great post :) xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks so good!! I've just bought a notebook to use as a planner, but I don't think mine will ever look as cool as yours!

    Polka Dot Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yours looks beautiful and this is SUCH a good idea I am so organised and need to get my life together haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be such a cute way to document your blogging journey and the friends you make along the way. x

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute and creative idea Brooke! :) I love it and I will definitely be making one of my own, it's like a scrapbook for your blog :D I really love the way yours turned out <3 Happy to hear things are going good at your new job :D it sounds like a lot of fun and a very good experience.

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute idea =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! I definitely need to organize my posts more - and of course I'll have to swing by the dollar section at target! It always suck me in haha :)

    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is literally so perfect, I can't wait to make one

    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, hoping your job is going well, Brooke! I've always dreamt of working in a bookstore, like in those romanticised films, hahaha! This is super cute, I will so try it out!

    May x | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea and it looks so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to do something like this as I'm a bit all over the shop! Love this idea, thank you for sharing. x

    http://blackjeansblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cool DIY book.
    You are very patient to do this and creative
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  19. For the longest time I've thought about keeping an organized blog book and yours looks FANTASTIC! It's so nicely organized, I'm so inspired now. Thanks for sharing your ideas and tips! :)

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the cutest ever! I love it!!

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such a brilliant and cute idea! I have to admit that I am absolutely horrible with organization which is strange as I was working as a PA before moving here. I can organize other's life but when it comes to myself, it's a huge clutter and I just wing it. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this idea! So cute xx

    I tagged you to do the Love/Hate tag on my blog :) You don't have to do it but I thought I'd let you know x

    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/the-lovehate-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this idea, I'm going to try it out when I get back home after my holiday!
    Have a great day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose’s Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on starting a new job, I hope you love it there! A blog book is such a great idea; I have a filofax at the moment which I use for my blog, though this would be a much more creative and enjoyable way of brainstorming etc :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay on the new job!! I also really love this blog book! It's so creative and so you :) Might need to try and make one for myself!

    Syd
    The Style Roll

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved reading this! :) I recently discovered your blog and I come here now everytime you post something. :) I really enjoy reading the things you have to say. Keep up the great work, I'm a fan!! :)

    xoxo Ana ♥

    www.the-secret-life-of-ana-g.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oohh my gosh this is such an adorable idea! As someone who can't live without planners or schedules or lists, I can't believe I've been running my blog without a blog book organizer! I love all of your cute designs and it really has encouraged me to get all of my stuff together!

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad, a fashion + social action blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a cute idea and i really want to do this! I'm so unorganised when it comes to my blog but this makes planning look so much easier!! So stoked to try this!

    Have a lovely day,
    Rebecca xx
    http://rxbxcca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow. This is really nice, so pretty. You're so artsy! I wanna make mine soon :)

    Lou | wandersoul.co.vu

    ReplyDelete
  30. Reminds me of a scrabble book but more organized. It looks definitely fantastic, I think I could make one myself, too!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  31. I AM SO DOING THIS. I have a little notepad for blog ideas, but it is so unorganised, so doesn't really help. This would be so useful xx

    VanessaVonJames | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are so, so creative, I am loving this!

    xx -n
    Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  33. this is amazing! I'm definitely going to try this! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great idea.
    http://www.dianavilic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. great
    it was a great inspiration
    kiss
    new post http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2015/07/wish-list-dresslink.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a lovely idea. I may have to try this!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images