I'm in Love with Love | Confessions of a Daydreamer, Idealist, and Hopeful Romantic

1:33 PM


I'm pretty sure that I could go through a breakup the emotional equivalent to a hurricane typhoon and still come out untouched by the bitterness that consumes some people post-breakup. I could be shown a thousand reasons not to love, and still love or at least like seeing people in love. You could say that I'm invincible, or you could just call me a daydreamer, idealist, and an unhopeless romantic. (Why do they call it hopeless anyway?  I'm pretty hopeful. I think it's really cool when people love love. That's not hopeless...hopeless is being bitter and losing all sight of love.)

The fact is: I'm in love with love. At markets my eyes follow the couple holding hands, the old man and woman bickering over tomatoes, or the young mom and dad with a newborn child at their heels. I watch them pick their produce, laugh, fight, tickle their child and chase him around the aisles, everything. Sometimes I creepily write about it, but I think that will work out for me one day if I happen to publish a cutesy romantic book.*

I read books about couples, form limitless OTPs, listen to music and imagine scenarios with characters totally and completely in love, because that's just who I am. Yet, there's a grounded side of me which makes me a hopeFUL romantic and not a hopeLESS romantic.

I'm realistic about it when it concerns my own life. I went through a breakup this year and still came out loving love. It's because I know that now is not my time for it, that now is my time to learn to love myself and those around me without the tie-down of someone showing me how to love. I need to learn how I love in my own way. I think that's what keeps me a hopeFUL romantic: knowing now's not my time, but that my time will come and it will be great because of all that I've seen, done, and reflected on.

So if you see me staring at you and your significant other in the local Meijer, don't be alarmed (be flattered instead, I'm probably thinking up a really cute story about you). It's just the way I live my life in a hopeful way. It's a way that I've learned to appreciate what I have and be happy for other people. It's just me and I love love. I really do.

Let me know how you feel about love in the comments below, I would really love to hear your perceptions.


Side note: this post doubles as Confessions of a Girl Who Can't Make Short, Concise Titles. I might suck at titles, but I sure do win in appreciation of love.

*Other side note: Don't worry about libel because: a) I'll change enough of the person to not make it them...heck, half of this stuff is made up in my head. For example, the couple holding hands has just moved into an apartment together across from the neighborhood Panera Bread and Target. It's a cute little neighborhood that they take late night strolls around with their Pug, Brady. Sometimes they'll stop at Panera for dinner and then make a Target run. He's about to propose next week, diamond ring and everything. See, besides the fact that they were holding hands at the market, I made the rest of it up. And b) There's not going to be anything bad written because it'll end happily and lovely. No chalked up, dirty or damaging false info. I'm libel free. (That was all a joke please skip and continue on with your life).

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. This was a really great, enlightening post, Brooke! :)
    I've always been a hopeless romantic myself - BUT - if I ever saw couples who were too PDA, I just felt bitter lol. There's obviously a time and a place. But sometimes, it's real sweet to see genuinely happy people out there just living their life together. It kinda gives hope to others, right?

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post! I like that you think of yourself as a hopeFUL romantic (I think I'm one too!)

    Mikayla :)
    www.thenorthernjoli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soul mates, Brooke. We're soul mates. I'm such an idealist and a romantic too; I absolutely LOVE seeing people in love and being in love and love just makes me so happy! Echoing what Mikayla, it's such a great thing that you're thinking yourself as a hopeful romantic! Your ending made me laugh out loud. GET CRACKIN' ON THAT NOVEL. I'll be the first in line to get the book!

      May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

      Delete
  3. I really liked this post - I can really relate to it. I think I'm in love with love too, and I'm always imagining scenarios of people in love just like you. Thanks for sharing x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading this post. Very nice~~
    Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really sweet post to read! I like how you make up cute little stories in your head about the couples you see. I'd definitely read any of your future romantic novels ;o) x

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and lovely post! I can definitely relate :)

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so amazing. And I know how you feel. I've always have so many imaginations that when I try to make it into a reality, sometimes it just doesn't come out perfect. This post reminds me of myself ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this post ;). I couldn't agree more when you talk about when it's not your time and that you are meant to be focusing on loving yourself for the time being! You also make me hopeful about love with the way you think about it and I thank you for that! <3 Love scares me because of how fearless you have to be to fall in love with someone but I also think when it's with the right person you risk it and that feeling of fearlessness is well worth it.

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha awww!! I couldn't help but uncontrollably smile while reading this<3 This honestly came at such a perfect time!! I literally just finished reading "The Unwritten Rule" by Elizabeth Scott and it has me thinking endlessly about love. I think that by hopeless romantic they mean that the person loves love but might jump into things because they want love? Where as a hopeful romantic loves love but has a grasp of reality (like you said) so they'll be more cautious about it all? But besides that I'm a hopeful romantic too!! I've always been in love with love and it has my heart feeling in ways I never imagined. To be honest I've never experienced love (in a romantic way) yet. I think you phrased it so perfectly when you said that after your break up it has allowed you to love in your own way. And I think that's what has happened to me, time has given me the ability to love unconditionally in my own way and be my own person. I just want someone who will love me as much as I love them and that I can be myself 100% around them. I don't think that I need "my" other half, I like the word soul mate better. Oh gosh Brooke write a book! <3 *crying emoji*

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. are we the same person?? I abolustely love love in all different ways. You have no idea how much I enjoyed reading this! I was literally just thinking about it because of some romance novels I'm reading.
    hmm, hopeful. I like that a lot.

    Stephanie
    petutepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post! http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Postagem maravilhoso amei, tenha uma semana abençoada.
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNlFtDc1-o
    Blog:http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post, so cute

    xx
    tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great post! I love your writing style.
    http://www.dianavilic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, so I'm not the only one?! This was such a sweet post to read and a wonderful insight into how you view love. Personally, I'm an eternal optimistic and perhaps that's why I also fill my (eternally hopeful) books with dabbles of romance :) I hope you find someone who stares at you and creates a story in their mind in the same way you stare at other couples! Have a lovely week :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post
    nice words
    Wonderful read it
    kiss
    new post http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2015/06/if-not-now-then-when.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's so lovely to see someone who appreciates love for what it is and not just the good side of it, take the good with the bad and not many people are willing to accept that. What a sweet post and after such a tiring day, this really puts a smile on my face.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello lovely, what beautiful post! love is a whole package! Have a lovely week.
    Glamoury Armory Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful post!

    xoxo
    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post! It was so beautiful to read. Did you take the photo? Its so pretty

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You write so so beautifully! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post, love is an amazing feeling!
    Have a wonderful day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose’s Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're so right! Love is a huge power and gives so much energy. But can also make you sad. You write wonderful!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a cute post! I'm a writer as well and love your blog!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images