Brooke Cooks - Dairy-free chocolate mousse fruit cup.

9:14 PM






Back in May my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday treat, and since I've recently become dairy-free (or rather, dairy-limited...since I still indulge in it a bit) I wasn't sure what to answer. I took to pinterest to find a dairy free recipe for my birthday. There were all sorts of things that I found, but the dairy free chocolate mousse was what really caught my eye. I found this recipe here and the whipped cream recipe here.

After making the chocolate mousse, I topped it with various fruits and then the coconut milk whipped cream. It was super good and I was impressed with how close to the real thing it tasted.
For the chocolate mousse you need:

A mixer
A bowl
1 can coconut milk (1 can will make about 4 servings)
2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon raw honey, stevia, or sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Put your coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours or over night, so that the creamy fat part settles on top.

2. When you open the cans, scoop out the white part and either save or empty the remaining liquid (I know it can be used for other recipes, so that's why you would save it).

3. Add the cocoa powder, honey/sugar/stevia, and vanilla.

4. Whip with your mixer until it is as fluffy as you want it.

Next, I spooned this mousse into the bottoms of glasses. It's pretty rich depending on how much cocoa powder you put in, so it doesn't take that much.


Then, I washed raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. After cutting the strawberries into smaller pieces, I layered them on top of the chocolate mousse.

For the whipped cream topping you need:
A mixer
A bowl
1 can coconut milk (1 can = about 4 servings)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
Optional: Pinch of sugar/stevia

Throw it all in your bowl and use the mixer to whip it up. I finished off my cups by adding the whipped topping to them (and some chocolate chips! This is optional.) and storing them in the fridge until after dinner. Super yummy and dairy free :)



The cool thing about this is that it's vegan and delicious. I've been contemplating the vegan lifestyle recently and came back to this recipe, since ice cream is, like, my only vice.

I hope you enjoy this recipe and try it out yourself. Let me know if you have any questions regarding anything in this post! Do you have any dietary restrictions and/or any yummy recipes you like to make?


You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. It looks so good, and ah, how we've come from looking through recipe books to google to pinterest(PINTEREST) for recipes is beyond me. Hahaha, I think I'll have to try this out soon!

    I've been contemplating the vegan life, too! As of now, I'm a vegetarian but I do want to take it a step further and go completely vegan. The only problem is my mum complaining about how expensive it would be to feed me, haha. Let me know if you do try out going vegan!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This looks so amazing and delicious :) I really want to try this out :D I've always wanted to try out the vegan lifestyle because I feel like it would be very beneficial but I'm so bad at keeping myself on track. I seriously have no discipline what so ever! If you do end up trying it out I'd love to read about your journey and differences that you've noticed or maybe some other good recipes ;) I hope you have a lovely day Brooke :)

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to make this. Thanks for the heads up, Brooke! :)
    Salvé at INDIE KITTY

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! Even though I'm not vegan it still sounds amazing and I might try it out!x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so yummy, Brooke! Great job :)

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious, and I'll definitely make this recipe soon! One recipe that I like to make though (and quite frequently) is vegan ice cream using frozen bananas, natural peanut butter, some almond milk and/or coconut milk! I've been contemplating becoming a vegan as well! If you do decide to start a vegan lifestyle though, I'd love to read about your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! Have nice weekend:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so great and yummy!! Good job Brooke.
    Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love everything! great photos :D

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so tumblr! I love how easy they are to make, when I have a craving for anything, I want it RIGHT NOW and can't be bothered to do anything other than eat it out of the tub. Probably not the best idea haha.

    I've been considering going vegan (I keep hearing how great it is for your energy), but there are so many things I would have to give up, and I'm not sure how much extra time I want to devote to that, as no one else is in my family is vegan.

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, it's making me crave for it right now..
    But no, maybe sometime later, it's too early for it now, so I'll just bookmark this post and see it later.
    Thanks for sharing, hun!

    Btw, I just followed you on Bloglovin and Twitter :)

    xoxo
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks wonderful! I love the idea of being vegan, but I don't know if I could actually pull it off. GReat recipe though, thanks for sharing!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delicious~!

    alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so good and the recipe seems so easy too! Thank you for the recipe, I look forward to give it a try soon. Good for you for trying to cut diary out, it seems to be much better health wise.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look amazing, thanks for sharing!! :)

    http://reasyume.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! These sound delicious, I definitely need to try them out. Thanks for sharing Brooke : )

    Kathryn | nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man this looks so good! I love chocolate mousse and the coconut whipped cream sounds heavenly! I would love a post on a gluten free recipe if you get the chance! Thanks so much.
    Xoxo
    - E Red Toes and Lace Bows

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so delicious! I love the idea of using coconut - I can't wait to try it :)

    Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  19. These sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look delicious! So wonderful and so easy to make gluten free too (I have ceoliac disease so gf is necessary) ^.^

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look amazing, and now I'm craving chocolate mousse, so I will definitely try out this recipe very soon!

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images