Books I Want to Read In 2016

4:33 PM

Hey!

I thought I'd take my TBR pile and make a list of books that I plan on reading in 2016. None of these are exactly new releases, but they are books that I have been planning on reading for a while and just haven't gotten around to.


The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. 

How have I not read this? I graduated high school and took all honors classes and not once was I asked to read this book. That shocks me given it's amazing reviews and that it relates to young people.

Half Broke Horse by Jeannette Walls. 

I loved The Glass Castle and have read it three times. I bought this book at the used book store connected to the library I worked at in high school. Don't ask why I haven't read it yet. I really relate to Walls' story and find her writing inspiring.

When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka. 

I'm going to be honest, I know nothing about this book. However, it was given to me as a hand-me-down and I'm determined to read it. UPDATE: I just read about it, and it sounds like it revolves around the reclassification of Japanese Americans. That's going to be a new read for me, but definitely one that I'm looking forward to.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery. 

So I started reading this book, and it's soooo pedantic. I'm not sure I'm going to make it, but I was told it was incredibly witty. I find it hard to even stand the main characters. I might pick it up in a few weeks.

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. 

Again, why haven't I read this?

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. 

As a lover of many types of genres including fantasy, I've been told that I should read this for a long time. I've very recently acquired the series as a hand-me-down from my aunt. I'm so pumped to finally hear this story!

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Read) by Douglas Adams. 

I read this already. It was hilarious but at the same time made a point. In the beginning I thought it was going to be some super ridiculous story that made no sense, but it ended up actually having meaning. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.

Another one of those books that I'm just not sure why I haven't read. I need to keep up with these books.

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson. (Not pictured, to-buy.)

Every now and then I really enjoy a good graphic novel. This is one that I've heard a lot about through the bookstagram community, booktube, and Goodreads.

Winter by Marissa Meyer. (Not pictured, currently reading)

I started reading this final book in the Lunar Chronicles this weekend. I'm only 100 pages in, and it's going to take me a very long time (especially given that I'm a full-time college student), but it's going to be worth it.

Where She Went by Gayle Forman. (Not pictured.)

Last year I read If I Stay and loved every word of it. I have yet to watch the movie, but I'm really excited to read this book from another point of view!

I hope you've enjoyed my little blurbs on what books I look forward to reading this year. You can find all of these books and more on my Goodreads account, where I not only rate but review books for anyone to read.

Thanks for reading,




You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Great list, Brooke! I heard Fahrenheit 451 is great, as well as the Kite Runner.
    I definitely would like to make a book list for this year too :)
    -Lor // acozyspace.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where She Went is amazing. I absolutely loved it. I need to make a book list, as there are many I want to read too! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy Winter! I loved it and while it wasn't my favorite book in the series, as far as series finale go, I think it was perfect. Good luck with the other books. Happy reading ^^

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images