Adventure in Vienna Awaits + Reading List

12:13 PM

Hi friends!

A new chapter of my life will begin on Tuesday, when I fly from Detroit to Chicago, and Chicago to Austria for three and a half weeks. I'll be spending my time in Vienna taking a class for school.

How do I feel? Well, nervous. I keep reminding myself that God is with me wherever I go, but the unknown is before me, and I think we can all admit that it's hard to give all of that up.

I know that it's going to be a great trip, though. I'll be journaling every day to keep track of my adventure, and hopefully posting lots of blog posts on here when I have internet connection.

I'll be staying in the 17th district of Vienna, which is fun because 17 is my lucky number. I'll also be celebrating my 20th birthday over there! Wowwy.

While I worry about leaving my family and friends behind, I know that they'll be here for me when I get back in early June.

I've made myself a worldly reading list for my study abroad time. All of these books take place in different places:

1. Lisette's List by Susan Vreeland, set in France.
2. A Handbook to Luck by Cristina Garcia, set in California, about girls from Cuba.
3. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, set in China.
4. How to Write a Novel by Melanie Summer, set in Geogia.

Have you ever been to Vienna? What are some must-see places?

Thanks for reading,

Brooke

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've never been to Vienna before. In fact, I've never been abroad:(
    You must be excited to go there for study! Hopefully, you'll have a great time there. Looking forward to your next post:)

    Tia, fatialoves

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images