Winter Favorites 2016

9:07 PM


The snow has started to fall here in Michigan, which means a lot of things, but it also means Winter Favorites!

Favorite verse:


Galatians 1:10 -

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."

This last year has been a season of great transformation, from a life of little meaning and thought to one of great complexity and growth. I've realized along the way that I cannot people please or placate as much as comes naturally to me. When I do things, I need to ask myself whether it's for others or for God.


Favorite food:


Raspberry chocolate chunk cookies. I make them and they are delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Maybe I'll share the recipe on this site soon :) 


Favorite memory:




This feels tough for me to think about right now. I've just gotten home from college for Christmas break, and looking back on this semester it all seems a haze of good and bad moments. 

Sometimes the good moments are hard realizations. What's really important. Who your real friends are. What you believe to be true in the world. I've had a lot of these hard moments this semester, and they've both worn me down and built me up. 

This season I have enjoyed the simple things: making things for loved ones, eating warm food, long drives home, grace, patient and helpful people. 

Favorite book:


As mentioned in my previous post, Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist has been a very transforming book for me this season. Holy cow am I grateful for that piece of writing. 

Favorite quote:


"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." 

Favorite song:



Currently Reading: 


Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys: A story of a girl and her family taken away by the Soviet army during World War II. So far, it hasn't been bashful or shy on the horrors of this war. It shows a side of WWII that most people don't hear about, the other side of the evil. It's one of those books that you just can't put down. 

Thanks for reading! I'm hoping to make a few more blog posts while I'm home for the holidays, see some friends & family, and take some visits to others around the state. 


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love your favorite quote. One of the best I've read.

    http://thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raspberry chocolate chunk cookies? Recipe please!! They sound amazing.

    Your favorite song is beautiful too, I enjoyed listening to it :)

    Rae // http://www.raechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute post and the Bible verse really made me think :)
    Ranyel x
    www.nocaremoreflare.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images